Thursday 27 November 2014

27th November: Thanksgiving Day

Do you remember Kiran telling us about this celebration?
Thanksgiving Day is a communal celebration marked as a sense of gratitude people feel for all the good things in life. This is done by offering prayers, gifting your near and dear ones. 
The fourth Thursday in the month of November is marked for the yearly celebration. The tradition of Thanksgiving continues till date in the form of Family Reunion and Feasting.
Family feast is an important tradition during Thanksgiving. The entire family sits at the table during dinner and offer prayer to the Lord Almighty for his continuous grace. It is also a time for relatives living in different places to come together and celebrate.
The traditional stuffed turkey adorns every dinner table during the feast. Pumpkin pie, Cranberry sauce, Corns are some of the dishes cooked everywhere to mark the day. Though historians don't have an evidence to prove that turkey was eaten during the first Thanksgiving dinner, but the thanksgiving celebration will be incomplete without it.

2 comments:

césar said...

Watching this video it occurs to me that I wish I lived in America and at the same time I would like to come home quickly, that is, I could admire Americans and soon after I would hate them, they are so strange to me. Anyway I wish I had the opportunity to experience a Thanksgiving Day once in my life.

María Hidalgo said...

Americans are very welcoming people and I'm sure you'll find the experience really exciting...and the perfect opportunity to taste a mouth-watering turquey :-)